Croce dei li Chiani

It dates back to 1583 and stands in front of the house Roina . Seriously damaged during the removal of the rubble after the earthquake in 1980 , was rebuilt in 2000. Since the original stones , abandoned for 20 years , had in the meantime been stolen , the top was carved again . The iron cross that is on top was melted by a cast , it proceeds from the pieces of the ancient cross , patiently collected and preserved by dr . Enrico Indelli . Originally the cross stood at the entrance of the country by Pope Benedict XIV , who in 1550 wanted that in all Catholic countries had placed a cross at the entrance of the village , to report to the pilgrims the presence of the Catholic religion.

FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites