It rises on Piazza San Rocco, almost before all’monima church. It was completed around 1852. The work was offered for free by the populace. The stones were taken from a quarry in the countryside of Morra. The statue is by the sculptor Gennaro Cali Naples and he was commissioned by King Ferdinand II in person. Since there was no proper road, it was transported in Morra with a towing only in 1880, when the new road was built. The earthquake of November 23, 1980 turned the statue on its axis. It was necessary to restore the obelisk.