Area of the town hall once stood, until the earthquake of 1980, a mansion that belonged to Cecere, who followed the Caracciolo from Naples and built the building in 1537.
Were various architectural elements of interest, the palace was very broad and rich stone elements. Neapolitan artists of the sixteenth century came to Sant’Angelo for cutting local stones and make the dwelling Cecere a small masterpiece of the time.
Of the building remains at its original site of the entrance portals and various decorative elements. The other stone elements recovered from the collapsed structure are exposed at the top of the insula, which includes the town hall. The permanent exhibition was set up in 2014, thanks to the contribution of Nino Vendomì, the son of immigrants in New York.
These are fragments of portals, piers, lintels and stone various components. Many of these pieces have been preserved over time repeatedly re-used, making it difficult today to determine the function and location of the original. The fragments reported plant motifs and military classic decorative purposes and various fiugure and human faces, from the typical Renaissance style. Among the elements of greatest interest are the portal of the Redeemer, with the figure of Christ at the center of the lintel, the portal of the spouses, with the faces of the spouses, the coat of arms of the family Cecere, represented by a pelican in the act of tear meat from the breast to feed her children and other figures carved in stone.Add to favorites